Camping Adventures: What to pack
Checklists are a good habit to get into when you prepare for your camping adventure in Victoria Australia. This camping checklist provided by Camping Victoria provides a good idea of the kind of equipment and items you should pack to make the most of your camping trip. And whilst not all of the items on this camping checklist are necessary, keep in mind that many don’t take up much space and could come in handy once you reach your camping destination.
A common mistake campers make, especially newbies, is to pack too much when camping including the kitchen sink! The following is a basic list of essentials:
- Tent, tent poles and stakes.
- Lantern with extra fuel or batteries.
- Extra lantern mantles.
- Waterproof matches – very important.
- Compass, maps and portable GPS.
- Flashlights or headlamps with extra batteries or a battery charger
- Ground cover and/or tarp.
- Multipurpose knife or Multi-Tool (Leatherman or similar)
- Board games
- Portable grill and/or stove
- Enough fuel
- Pot Holders
- Cookware, Cooking and eating utensils
- Corkscrew / Bottle Opener
- Knife for preparing food
- Plates, cups, and bowl
- Tables and chairs
- Coolers with Ice, or ice substitutes
- Paper towel and garbage bags
- Aluminium foil, plastic cling rap
- Beverage jugs or water carriers filled with drinking water
Please login to post a comment.