Pine Tree Camping Area
The Pine Tree campsites are in the Murrindindi State Reserve approximately 3 km north of the Water Gauge Camping Area, where you will find signposted access off Murrindindi Rd to the Pine Tree camping area.
The Murrundindi Reserve is located in the Toolangi State Forest and offers basic, but enjoyable bush camping alongside a river. For visitors, there are also 2 waterfalls and many bushwalking opportunities. There are a total of 7 different camping areas extending over a total distance of some 5 kilometres. Suspension Bridge Camping, Blackwood Camping and Pine Tree Camping areas are close together and near the camper registration and information, with around 50 camping sites being available.
- Camping SEC Bridge – walk-in camping with app. 10 sites
- Camping Water Gauge – on river flats below the road and with app. 10 sites
- Ferns Camping Area – 4.5k upstream on a hillside slopes down to the river with app. 12 sites
- Bull Creek Camping Area – upstream from the registration point on a hillside that slopes down to the river, and with more than 20 camping sites.
- Cassinia Camping Area
- Blackwood Camping Area
- Camping Suspension Bridge
- For all camping Murrindindi State Reserve, camp fees are app. $6 per car per night, small camper $17 and large rigs $30 per night.
To camp in the Murrindindi State Reserve, you will need to be largely self-sufficient and carry your own fresh water and firewood. DOGS are prohibited, and a ranger patrols the area.
Amenities and More