Capel Sound Camping
Campground Capel Sound Mornington Peninsula Rosebud
Camping at Capel Sound Foreshore Victoria Australia is available all year round, and is a popular camping destination in Victoria, especially during summer and other holiday periods. At the Capel Sound campsite you will enjoy the beautiful surrounds of Rosebud, Rosebud West and Tootgarook. and the Mornington Peninsula more generally given all it has to offer.
At the Capel Sound Foreshore there are 2 caravan & camping reserves at Rosebud West and Tootgarook with a total of 281 powered sites and 49 un-powered sites. Please note the following:
- A permit is required to camp at Capel Sound Campsite and must be obtained from the ‘Rangers Office’ prior to setting up camp.
- The permit must be displayed on site at all times – a receipt must be produced where requested by any member of the Capel Sound Foreshores Team.
- No letting or sub-letting of camp sites or caravans / tents is permitted.
- Camping permits are non transferable – the campsite must be occupied by the person/s named on the application.
- A site may be occupied by a maximum of four (4) adults, or up to 6 with only 2 adults-and children under 16 years of age.
- All fees must be paid in advance, prior to camping.
- The issue of a camping permit does not create the right to its renewal the following or any subsequent year.
The keeping of animals of any kind is strictly prohibited within the Capel Sound Foreshores Camping Reserve- Strictly No Dogs
Amenities and More