Campground Slaty Creek Creswick Regional Park
There are 3 camping areas at Slaty Creek – Slaty Creek Campsite 1, Slaty Creek Campsite 2 and Slaty Creek Campsite 3. Pan for gold in the creek, go bushwalking, bird watching or even try and spot the shy platypus. Many people visit this campsite for the prolific bird life which includes kookaburras, magpies, rosellas and fantails. Or maybe just relax next to the river and read a good book. The camping areas are accessible from Slaty Creek Rd, which is off Bungaree Creswick Rd.
Slaty Creek is a great place to enjoy a bush picnic close to the township of Creswick; it is a popular spot where visitors pan for gold along the slow moving creek.
- The campgrounds at Slaty Creek are located on the creek flats and are surrounded by tall Manna Gum trees.
- No booking is required; camping is on a first in, first-served basis so make sure you get there early to get a good spot.
- There are three basic bush campsites available; all campsites are unpowered.
- This campsite, Slaty Creek Number 1, has non-flush toilets, picnic table, fireplace and access to the Goldfields Track. It also has disabled access and is more suitable for larger groups.
- Slaty Creek Camping area number 2 has a fireplace but no toilets. Slaty Creek Camping area number 3 has a fireplace and a picnic table but no toilets. All campsites are unpowered but are suitable for campervans, smaller motorhomes and for tent camping.
- Campfires are only allowed in the fireplaces provided; you must provide you own firewood. Fuel stoves are recommended for cooking.
- No drinking water is available; you must carry your own drinking water. Dogs are OK but must be kept under control at all times.
Amenities and More