The Pines Camping Area
Campground Area The Pines
The Pines Camping Area is located south of Bulldog Flat Campground off the Eildon–Jamieson Rd, near Newmans Track. It is common to find campers trying their luck fishing for trout in the river here.
Access to the Pines Camping Area is signposted 500m south of Bulldog Flat Camping Area; there is a small area beneath pine trees that is most suitable for tent based camping. There are some limited areas for smaller camper trailers, campervans and caravans.
You must carry your own water and firewood.
The Pines Campground
- Number of sites:
- Camping Fees:
- No charges.
- This is a free camping area.
- How to book:
- There are no bookings taken.
- Basic toilets, longdrop
- Pets must be kept under control at all times – dogs OK.
- Water Availability:
- Non-potable water available from river; you must boil all water for at least 10 minutes before drinking.
- Camp fires:
- There are no built fireplaces in this camp ground.
- There are no barbecue facilities at The Pines Camping Area
- This campsite is near a river; swim with caution.
- Trout fishing is popular at this campsite
- Picnic Tables:
- No picnic tables at this campsite
- Kayaking is popular in this area.
The Lake Eildon National Park is in the northern foothills of Victoria’s Central Highlands, app. 150 km north-east of Melbourne. The Lake Eildon National Park is situated on the shores of Lake Eildon; the park protects 27,750 ha of rugged hills with open woodlands through to dense forest. Visitors to The Lake Eildon National Park can a range of activities whilst camping in this area including bushwalking, boating and fishing. The more adventurous enjoy kayaking, canoeing, waterskiing and mountain bike riding.
Amenities and More